Friday, June 24, 2011

Strawberry Rhubarb Cupcakes (& Pie) - Yum!

I love this time of year.  Finally local veggies and fruit are popping up at the farmers markets and roadside stands. One of my favorite childhood memories is heading to a farm on a hot, sunny summer day to pick super ripe strawberries.  Nothing tastes more like summer than sweet juicy berries, especially freshly picked.  This past weekend I took the girls strawberry picking about 20 minutes from my home at Swanton Berry Farms.  It was definitely fun and I believe they may have eaten more than they picked.  They just couldn't resist those juicy red gems.  When we returned home, the girls and I then made some cupcakes to take to our annual block party (They were a hit!).  I made a Strawberry Rhubarb pie for my hubby, which just happens to be his absolute favorite.  The rest will be made into jam .. more on that to follow!




No comments:

Post a Comment